Sunday, April 22, 2012

Nutella Banana Ice Cream

My love for Nutella knows no bounds.

A year after we married Jake and I did our honeymoon in Italy. For two glorious weeks we traveled at our own pace, stayed in small towns, and enjoyed Nutella at every breakfast. Yum. It's a good thing we walked a lot or I would have gained thirty pounds between the Nutella and the gelato.

My mom knows this, which is why sometime last year she she clipped a recipe from the paper for Nutella ice cream.

Now that is is 100 degrees here in the Old Pueblo the ice cream machine has made its triumphant return and the first recipe I made was the Nutella ice cream.

I'm wondering why I waited so long, because this is seriously the best ice cream I have ever made.

The ingredients:


Churning:


The end result:

The recipe:
1 C Nutella
3/4 granulated sugar or less, to taste
1 C whole milk
1-1/3 C heavy cream
2 tsp vanilla extract

Mix Nutella and sugar until completely combined, then add milk. Mix until mixture is smooth and sugar is dissolved. Stir in heavy cream and the vanilla. Cover and chill until cold.

Transfer mixture to an ice cream make and process according to manufacturers directions. For a firmer texture, transfer ice cream to a smaller freezer-safe container, press plastic wrap against the top of the ice cream, and freeze for at least four hours.

Note: Since I added the banana outside of the recipe I just sliced one into chunks and added just before the mixture finished churning.

Want more Nutella recipes? Try my Nutella brownie bites!

2 comments:

  1. Have you tried dipping slices of banana in melted nutella and then freezing them? Eating them that sliced is awesome, but if you puree them it turns into an amazing "ice cream"!

    ReplyDelete

I welcome your comments and look forward to hearing your thoughts and perspective. To that end I do reserve the right to remove any comments I deem to be spam, junk, inflammatory or offensive, or for any other reason I deem necessary.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...