Sunday, December 11, 2011

Dear USPS, AZ is not AK

I placed an order from MyHabit for an adorable girls' summer jammie set, thinking to get it for Siena. I knew they would be here in time for Christmas but had no idea the postal service would confuse Arizona (where I live) with Alaska.


This is the first time I've ever had a package go to a different state. I'm more amused than anything. MyHabit really got its money's worth (shipping is "free" on purchases) with the first class postage, don't you think?

2 comments:

  1. summer PJs in AK.....just checked Accu weather- 33F and snowing today in Anchorage; in the teens for lows later this week. I know Alaskans are tough, but I am betting they will return the summer PJs ASAP.

    ReplyDelete
  2. As crazy as it seems, it may not be a mistake. I've found anytime I have free or cheap shipping options, my orders take the most backwards paths to get to me. Alaska may be some sort of special designated sorting center for some reason, even though it does seem especially out of the way. The USPS actually relies on the zip codes rather than the postal codes when sorting, so I'd be really surprised if it was a mistake.

    ReplyDelete

I welcome your comments and look forward to hearing your thoughts and perspective. To that end I do reserve the right to remove any comments I deem to be spam, junk, inflammatory or offensive, or for any other reason I deem necessary.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...