Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Dark Chocolate Cherry Fudge

I decided to whip up a batch of this fudge after getting the recipe as a coupon print out at the register after I purchased the new Nestle dark chocolate chips. It had been on my refrigerator for a couple of months and in my quest to use up odds n' ends (you know, that half bag of marshmallows, that almost empty bag of dried cherries) I decided to make it. It was super-easy and tastes pretty yummy.

I'm doing a lot of baking this week for various soirees and I thought doing fudge as a supplement to some of the baked goods might be nice.


Dark Chocolate Cherry Fudge (recipe courtesy of verybestbaking.com):

1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
2/3 cup (5 fl.-oz. can) evaporated milk
2 tablespoons butter or margarine
1/4 teaspoon salt
2 cups miniature marshmallows
1 2/3 cups (10-oz. pkg.) NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE® Dark Chocolate Morsels
3/4 cup (4 oz.) dried cherries, coarsely chopped
1 teaspoon vanilla extract

LINE 8-inch-square baking pan with foil.

COMBINE sugar, evaporated milk, butter and salt in medium, heavy-duty saucepan. Bring to a full rolling boil over medium heat, stirring constantly. Boil, stirring constantly, for 4 to 5 minutes. Remove from heat.

STIR in marshmallows, morsels, dried cherries and vanilla extract. Stir vigorously for 1 minute or until marshmallows are melted. Pour into prepared baking pan. Refrigerate for 2 hours or until firm. Lift from pan; remove foil. Cut into 48 pieces.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome your comments and look forward to hearing your thoughts and perspective. To that end I do reserve the right to remove any comments I deem to be spam, junk, inflammatory or offensive, or for any other reason I deem necessary.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...