Sunday, April 10, 2011

Four Ingredient Nutella Brownies

Jake and I married in June 2002 but did go on our real "honeymoon" until the following May. We went to Italy: the Cinque Terra, Florence, Venice, and Rome. While there I became addicted to Nutella. I love it on toast, in crepes, stirred into hot chocolate, beat into a milkshake...the possibilities are infinite.

Last time we were at Costco I grabbed a two-pack of the chocolate hazelnut goodness and announced to Jake i would be finding a recipe for some Nutella brownies. A few weeks went by. Then Saturday it turned cold and rained and I decided to do some baking to keep myself warm and cozy.

I found this recipe online over at Savory Sweet Life. It only has four ingredients and too about 15 minutes to make and bake. Amazing!

4 Ingredients Nutella Brownies (courtesy of Savory Sweet Life)
1/2 C Nutella
1 large egg
5 Tbsp flour
1/2 C chopped hazelnuts (I used 1/4 tsp cinnamon mixed in the batter instead of the hazelnuts)

Heat the oven to 350 degrees. Line a 12-cup mini muffin pan with paper or foil liners.

Put the Nutella and egg in a medium bowl and whisk until smooth and well blended. Add the flour and whisk until blended.

Spoon the batter into the prepared muffin tins (about 3/4 full) and sprinkle with the chopped hazelnuts.

Bake until a pick comes out with wet, gooey crumbs, 11 to 12 minutes. Set on a rack to cool completely. Serve immediately or cover and store at room temperature for up to 3 days.

Note: I dusted the top of mine with powdered sugar. Yum!

The batter is very thick so I used my mini spatula to get it out of the whisk. To drop the batter into the mini muffin pan I used a baby food spoon. Seriously. It was just the right size and allowed me to get the batter in without making a mess.

These were amazing. The cinnamon added a bit of kick to the richness. I baked mine a little longer than the suggested time so they came chewy rather than molten. You could easily make these into mini brownie cupcakes with some yummy frosting. I will definitely be making these again.

5 comments:

  1. these look delicious...and i think i have all the ingredients.... I'm about to make these right now!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I used to make a chocolate hazelnut no bake cheesecake - with a pirouline crust. I will see if I can find it, you might like it. If I remember right, I made it in a loaf pan.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I live nutella. I've made nutella cheesecake and homemade nutella ice-cream. So good.

    ReplyDelete
  4. you have yet to steer me wrong. i'm gonna try 'em ASAP.
    p.s. that was the "last hurrah" trip we took BK (before kids). i would love to go back. but, i'm happy to find nutella and gelato stateside - even if it's not the same as eating in the loveliness of italy.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Last week I finally had a chance to make those s'more cookies you posted awhile back. My husband was supposed to take them to work on Friday but "forgot" and has been eating them all weekend long. He really loves them! Thanks for the recipe.

    ReplyDelete

I welcome your comments and look forward to hearing your thoughts and perspective. To that end I do reserve the right to remove any comments I deem to be spam, junk, inflammatory or offensive, or for any other reason I deem necessary.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...