Sunday, November 14, 2010

Sock Monkey Love Expressed via Slippers

I've documented my love of sock monkeys over the four years+ I've written this blog. For whatever reason they make me very happy. The smiling face, the simplistic nature of the toy, the cuddliness of the monkey---all combine to bring a smile to my face.

So it is with great anticipation that every fall I look forward to getting a new pair of sock monkey slippers from Target. I love new slippers: they are so soft, poofy, cushioned, and snuggly. Over the course of the season they start to lose their cushion and snuggliness and become a bit stretched out. So I always relish the first few weeks of my new slippers.

The pair pictured on top is my new pair for this year, and the pair pictured on the bottom I picked up this spring. This pair is more like a pair of ballet slippers in that they cover my whole foot and seriously look like little ballet shoes. Of course, they are not as poofy and cushiony as the pair on top.


Target never fails to disappoint in allowing me to indulge my love of sock monkey slippers.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome your comments and look forward to hearing your thoughts and perspective. To that end I do reserve the right to remove any comments I deem to be spam, junk, inflammatory or offensive, or for any other reason I deem necessary.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...