Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Yummy: Spiced Pumpkin Cake

My pumpkin love continues. This weekend I made a Spiced Pumpkin Cake, which was featured in the November issue of Real Simple. You can get the recipe here. Note: I did not use lemons in the glaze; I used the standard glaze of 1 cup powdered sugar whisked with milk added by the teaspoon until the desired consistency is reached; I added ground cinnamon for a bit of zing. I also sprinkled ground nutmeg on the top of the batter (which becomes the bottom of the cake) for a spicier taste.

The cake came out very moist, the spiciness just right, with a mellow pumpkin flavor. It was super easy to make and will definitely be contender for upcoming potlucks and other get-togethers.


3 comments:

  1. This looks so incredibly delicious!! I just printed out the recipe so that I can try it as well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yum. That looks delicious! I think I need to make it this weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. that looks beautiful! i'll need to go print out the recipe.

    ReplyDelete

I welcome your comments and look forward to hearing your thoughts and perspective. To that end I do reserve the right to remove any comments I deem to be spam, junk, inflammatory or offensive, or for any other reason I deem necessary.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...