Tuesday, October 12, 2010

OOTD: Banana Republic Cardigan from Fall 2005 I Just Adore

I purchased the below cardigan back when I was in love with Banana Republic (right now I consider us estranged). It was July/August 2005 and the store had just released a  capsule "collection" line. At the time I was pregnant with Siena, with a due date in January 2006. However, I wanted this cardigan so much I went ahead and bought it anyway, even though I knew I would not get much use out of it for a while. I simply fell in love with the vintage-style beading on the upper left of the chest, the softness of the silk/cashmere material, and the really pretty grey color. I truly wish Banana Republic would start offering items like this cardigan again. I like the timeless appeal of the item and the uniqueness of the look.

I don't wear this cardigan very much, mainly because it is such a unique piece. So, I pull it out a few times a year and feel special when I do wear it. Today I have a parent/teacher conference with Siena's teacher, which makes this a special day: our first such conference. Sigh, my little girl is growing up.


Here's a detail of the cardigan; in addition to the flower beading I also really like the sparkly buttons:


Cami: White House Black Market (available here)
Cardigan: Banana Republic (Fall 2005)
Skirt: White House Black Market Floral Print Skirt (Fall 2010) (available here)
Shoes: Naya Cara Mary Janes (Fall 2010) (available here and here)

3 comments:

  1. Beautiful sweater! It looks really pretty with the WHBM skirt.

    Can I ask you a question? Have you had a chance to try on the Myths and Legends shirt dress from Anthro? I am kind of obsessed with it (love that print). Just thought you might have tried it on at some point. Any input appreciated.
    Thanks,
    Hilda

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Hilda, I have not tried on that dress. In fact, I have not yet seen it in my store. I will keep an eye out!

    ReplyDelete

I welcome your comments and look forward to hearing your thoughts and perspective. To that end I do reserve the right to remove any comments I deem to be spam, junk, inflammatory or offensive, or for any other reason I deem necessary.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...