Friday, April 09, 2010

IRL Pictures/Review: Anthropologie Lettuce Florets Blouse

Before Jake put my arm wraps back on this morning I decided to take some pictures of me in the Lettuce Florets Blouse, which I did an in-depth review of here.



Sorry for the scary arms. The skin is still pretty loose from the lipo which I why I am wearing compression bandages for four weeks. My chest is still a bit swollen on the sides/trunk so I imagine the small amount of pulling/gaping you see in these pics will be resolved as soon as I am fully healed. Plus I am wearing a bulkier bra than I am used to which means extra fabric and engineering and uniboob (oh, the horror!) which I don't normally have, I swear!, when I wear a regular underwire bra.

Anyway, I like the shirt, Jake adores it, but I wonder if it is a bit too twee/precious/young for my 35-year-old self. I think the print is in no danger of this---it's the collar I wonder about. Fun fact: this is the first button-up and collared shirt I will have purchased and (hopefully) kept in twelve years.

What do you think? Does the collar do it in, or is it just the right amount of fun/whimsy? I'm leaning toward the latter rather than the former. It's interesting to read the online reviews of this shirt; most people say it is boxy but I'm not sure how to quantify this on me since I am not used to wearing this style of shirt.

14 comments:

  1. I think it's really cute on you! I'm 31 quickly approaching 32 and I would wear it. You could always tone down the cuteness by pairing it with a pencil skirt and heels or sleek pants.

    Glad to see you are recovering well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. No! Not too precious or anything on you! In fact, I love it! It's got a 50s vintage thing going for it. With pencil skirts, you could make it sexier, or for a more casual look, running after Siena, with jeans or trousers. I think it looks great on you and it's really slimming! Keep it!

    If the blouse didn't have the print and was really frilly and lacy, then yes, the collar might be a bit much. But because of the print, the peter pan collar doesn't say too young, it says retro and vintage.

    Sorry, I just really like it on you and I do hope you keep it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ha! Heather and I are on the same wavelength!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's beautiful on you!! That's a pretty green color too that I don't see that often.

    I think you look great in it. Definitely not too "young" for you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You look adorable. Keep it! It's a gorgeous blouse... and, regardless of swelling, you look great, and so happy :)

    I too am beginning to wonder/worry about wearing things that might be 'too young' for me... it's a strange place to be. Luckily, I think most of Anthropologie's pieces would look equally great on girls/women of any age.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for the feedback, ladies! I think this is a keeper.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think the smile in your first picture says it all - you look lovely in it and you seem to love it! Best wishes for a smooth recovery.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Definitely keep it! It looks great on you! Not too precious at all, and it has a great vintage vibe!

    ReplyDelete
  9. You look sooooooo good!!! Your arms look fabulous. Wow, great result.

    The top is cute, too :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love these photos because you look so happy! I have a shirt with a Peter Pan type collar, so I know what you mean about wondering if it's too young. I feel a little weird every time I put it on. But I honestly think this looks nice on you, not too young, just pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Can you also review the second top that you bought?

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Chrissy, I ended up returning the Picture Frame Blouse. It felt too constraining on me and I knew in my heart I would regret buying it.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Ah, it looks great on you Jacquelyn! :) I think you are pulling it off well, not too twee on you at all.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I'm first falling in love with this now that it's long gone (oh please please show up on ebay, I'll even have it tailored if it's 4 sizes too big) and I'm really now getting worried tho about my taste in clothes cuz I'm even quite a few years older than you and don't wan't spend so much money and have my wardrobe expire very shortly. People say I look young, I dunno, I'm also very slendar, petite such that I would actually fit into girls clothes from a 12 to a 14 so I dunno if that's why I am attracted to peter pan collars and whatnot. I just want to be the Emma Pillsbury of my office building, I can't think of one woman there that has ever reminded me of her so the field is wide open to be the one to do it and there must be 1000 women in that building easily. I'm tired of blending in, not being noticeable so maybe I have to come out of my comfort zone.

    ReplyDelete

I welcome your comments and look forward to hearing your thoughts and perspective. To that end I do reserve the right to remove any comments I deem to be spam, junk, inflammatory or offensive, or for any other reason I deem necessary.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...