Friday, January 01, 2010

Prescriptives Cosmetics: It was Nice Knowing You

A few months ago I read that Prescriptives cosmetics was going to be phased out by their parent company (which I believe is Estee Lauder?). Anyway, their website states that all retail counters will close on January 31 and that the online store will sell products while supplies last. So, I have been bracing myself to say goodbye to my beloved Camouflage Cream, which is hands-down the best concealer I have ever used.

So a couple of days ago I was cruising through Dillard's and noticed that the Prescriptives counter was looking kind of lonely. No one was staffing it and it seemed somewhat dejected. Upon further examination it became clear why this was the case: everything was being cleared out, and everything was 30% off.

I gleefully started to think about what I would need, but alas, I was not the first to try and stock up. I would say at least 50% of the items had "sold out" stickers next to the testers. My Camouflage Cream in my special, matched shade was all gone (sob). You know I will be stalking their website for any reductions in price so I can get my hot little hands on my concealer.

In the meantime, if you like Prescriptives products, head to your local counter and stock up while they are still available.

1 comment:

  1. I've been one of those folks stocking up on the Prescriptives products that I especially like, like the skin renewal cream. I have four stocked already. I was at the Bloomingdales in FL and take about that counter looking lonely......only a couple of products and I bought the last of a couple of items.

    I really enjoyed this line and feel that the Estee Lauder group did not do a good job promoting it over the years. Some of their skincare products are tops in their respective categories.

    Finally, their foundation shades for woman of color are/were fabulous. Sad to see it go by the way of the dinosaur.

    ReplyDelete

I welcome your comments and look forward to hearing your thoughts and perspective. To that end I do reserve the right to remove any comments I deem to be spam, junk, inflammatory or offensive, or for any other reason I deem necessary.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...