Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Odds n' Ends

Some random update-type things:
  • My visit to the ENT was pretty informative. Turns out I have super-sonic hearing, like off the charts. I honestly thought I was going to flunk the test when the audiologist put the headphones on me, but I far, far exceeded it. The ringing in my ears is a symptom of my almost dog-like ability to be bothered by higher-pitched tones. I get to go back in a month after trying some sinus remedies to see if that problem can be figured out.
  • I've been on a bit of a shopping bender lately and will soon be on a bit of a returns bender. I'm already feeling embarrassed.
  • We are finally planning a vacation! Like, we got out calendar, chose some dates, and now just need to work out arrangements for the dog and time away from work.
  • I've eaten foods with bacon pretty much every day for the past week. I love bacon, but man, I am feeling it in water-retention and on my hips.
  • Siena's birthday party was a big success. I'm still eating the leftover cake, though.
  • We're still trying to figure out what to do about our house situation. I think I may have found a (more) stable home department at my company, which is a huge relief. But I won't feel totally relieved until I see my employee profile updated accordingly. And, the rumors are swirling about layoffs in other functions. So, it will be an interesting year for sure.
  • I am so behind on my recreational reading. I could cry, because reading is one of my most favorite things to do.
  • Speaking of being behind, I have not been to the gym in more than a week. And now I feel jiggly. I'm going to blame the bacon.
  • Siena had her four-year-old visit this week. She has super-sonic hearing, too, and advanced eyesight. So now I have a toddler who can see better than most kids her age and can hear better, too. She may not realize it but this might give her a bit of an upper hand in the parent-child relationship.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome your comments and look forward to hearing your thoughts and perspective. To that end I do reserve the right to remove any comments I deem to be spam, junk, inflammatory or offensive, or for any other reason I deem necessary.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...