Thursday, January 28, 2010

My Picks from the New J.Crew Arrivals

I have to tell you folks, I'm really starting to wonder just how long the ruffled/frayed/rosette/flourchon/etc. trend is going to go on. Not that i don't like some of the stuff---I do. But this seems to be a trend with some major staying power, as witnessed by the new arrivals at both J.Crew and Anthropologie.

That said, my picks from the new J.Crew roll-out are pretty staid and maybe even boring. Here is what I am eyeing:

Black Blossoms Cardigan: I love the colors. I'm not so sure on it being merino, though, because my merino Maya Cardi pilled up something awful this season.



Tailored Denim Pencil Skirt: I can always use a nice denim pencil skirt, and this one is actually long! As in, more than 20"---it clocks in at 23 1/4"! I do believe that extra 1/4" is quite important, so good job for noting it, J.Crew. Anyway, I am always looking for longer skirts and dresses for my tall frame, so I can feel professional at work. I can envision many, many ways to work this into my wardrobe. I love that it has a flat front and pockets. It also seems like it will may higher on the waist (though the model shot is somewhat ambiguous on this), which is something I am starting to like in a nice pencil skirt.



Neapolitan Pencil Skirt: Another longer skirt! This one is 24". I love the color mix, this one will definitely sit higher on the waist if the model shot is to be believed, and it looks so fresh and springy.


I'm ready for spring!

3 comments:

  1. i know what you mean, on one hand i love many of the pieces with ruffles, but it's getting to the point where it almost seems like they're sticking them on EVERYTHING just for the hell of it!
    my boyfriend would love if this ruffle madness would come to an end...he loathes them! unfortunately for him i still wear them quite frequently though :P

    ReplyDelete
  2. The cardigan is very pretty IRL and the weave is like the primrose cardi (which had no problems with pilling as I wore it). The neopolitan skirt is already in my closet. I love the color palette!

    ReplyDelete

I welcome your comments and look forward to hearing your thoughts and perspective. To that end I do reserve the right to remove any comments I deem to be spam, junk, inflammatory or offensive, or for any other reason I deem necessary.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...