Tuesday, June 10, 2008

In Case You did not Know, the Gap is Having Problems

I have to admit, for the past six months or so, the Gap has been very boring to me. Their clothes are overpriced and not stylish. They fit funny. Old Navy is always trashed and hard to judge fit (except for Ts, but sometimes tat does not always work out). Banana Republic's price points have shot way up and the style is kind of meh. The kids' clothes at Gap and ON are overpriced, even when on deep discount---I can do better at Kohl's.

It's not been any big secret that the Gap has been having problems. This article and comments provide some interesting insight into what I and others have been thinking lately. What are your thoughts?

2 comments:

  1. As a big Gap fan, I agree. Once upon a time, I had a hard time controling myself when new stuff came in -- it all looked so good! Now, I hardly find anything I like. I guess that's good for my credit card?

    I try never to go in BR because I hate how overpriced it is.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I also agree - I think Banana Republic's quality has gone way down while prices went way up. I bought a sweater/cami set (on sale-still a little $, but I loved the color) and it pilled after the second wearing! Very disappointing.

    ReplyDelete

I welcome your comments and look forward to hearing your thoughts and perspective. To that end I do reserve the right to remove any comments I deem to be spam, junk, inflammatory or offensive, or for any other reason I deem necessary.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...