Saturday, August 18, 2007

Updates on Activities

So, after Jake left work yesterday we journeyed up I-10 to hit Ikea and the Nine West outlet. I picked up a pair of cable-knit black ballet flats and a pair of black leather t-strap heels, at B1GI 1/2 off, for a total of $81 plus change. Gonga! Then we went to Ikea to look for a big-kid bed for Siena but did not find anything we liked. We did get a toy storage system for her room as well as some other odds and ends, and used the $50 off $250 coupon my mom had received. Score!

I have not been doing much shopping lately because I am trying to save money for a house down payment. If we find a house we like we will have to get it, and may have to continue paying a mortgage on the one we are in now. Though, we live in a nice little neighborhood not far from campus so I think that works in our favor---we can sell it fairly easily to someone who wants to rent it or use it for their child to live in while s/he is at school (wish my parents could have afforded something like that!). With the housing market the way it is, we may wait a couple more months until people start to get really desperate in the hopes that we will get a better deal. It's hard to say. All I know is the holidays are coming and I have no place to put a tree.

I did get a MyPoints.com reward Starbucks gift card in the mail this week, so that will help feed my addiction for a trip or two. I love to get something for nothing!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome your comments and look forward to hearing your thoughts and perspective. To that end I do reserve the right to remove any comments I deem to be spam, junk, inflammatory or offensive, or for any other reason I deem necessary.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...